Subject: Flat Polygon error?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 95 17:40:28 EDT

Hi, Lightwavers.  I have what may be a newbie question.  I
worked through the Skinning tutorial in the July Video
Toaster User, and I got a pretty cool-looking tube of something,
but when I render the tube object in Layout, I get a few 
polygons that _appear_ to render with Gouraud (sp?) shading.
It's like they are flat-shaded, because I can clearly see the
edges of the polygon.  This occurs only in the region of the tube
where the overall shading is getting darker.  I forgot to mention
this, but I have positioned a distant-type light directly over
the tube object pointing at the tube.

I'm rendering with Realistic on, Low antialiasing, no raytracing
of anything.  I'm rendering at standard video resolution, too.
Does anybody know why these polygons are sticking out like this?
Does it have something to do with the flatness limit set in Modeller?

Thanks,

Mitch--------------------------->[email-masked]

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]